« Home | Next: Finished with the Upgrade (I think): »
| Next: Blog Standards Revisited (again): »
| Next: FeedBlitz eMail Subscription Service: »
| Next: Happy Thanksgiving Canada »
| Next: WANTED: A Few Good Bloggers »
| Next: Sorry for the delay »
| Next: Miers' Faith In Christ Made Her a Republican »
| Next: Media blamed for New Orleans debacle »
| Next: Tom Delay Indictment a Foregone Conclusion? »
| Next: Political FootBall Headlines »


Tuesday, October 18, 2005

'Pajamas Media' Network for Elitist Bloggers only:

Hi, I'm Glenn Reynolds #1 Kahuna @ Pajamas Media. Any likeness to Bill Gates is purely coincidental The innocence of its name belies the true nature of this new virtual organism.

Meaning? PJs is a powerplay by a handful of elitist bloggers to carve out a new media empire for their personal (and financial) gratification.

"Pajamas Media, a new blogging venture designed to bring together top online writers, journalists and commentators under a single umbrella, today unveiled its editorial board as it prepares for its formal debut next month.

The announcement comes as Pajamas Media further realizes its vision of coalescing the internet's brightest minds and most compelling content into a single source that will, in turn, complement and re-define journalism in the 21st century."

So there you have it folks. The brightest stars in the virtual firmament who are going to "re-define journalism in the 21st century".

Can you believe the hype? The kahunas! A bunch of pompous self-serving goofballs if there ever was.

And speaking of balls, here I thought re-defining journalism is what the blogosphere is all about, even without the help of PJs et al. Silly me.

They are touting Glenn Reynolds as one of their greatest acquisitions. I must confess that I am all the more enlightened from his inspired and in depth analysis. Spewing his best Spock impersonations such as "indeed" and "indeed", or one of my personal favorites... "indeed".

Do you think perhaps they might (hopefully) consider (God willing) allowing us insignificant pee-ons add our (albeit smallish) comments to their omnipoobah flatulation? Well try this one on for size:

"Golly gee Instapundit, you sure are great. I was really hoping that if you might possibly consider linking to me some time. Pretty please, and I promise to forever be your grovelling fan... pant, pant, drool."

Or will it be the same old droning monologue we're all accustomed to - the sermon from the mount a la Instapun style.

Hell, if we wanted sermons we can always watch Anderson Cooper 360 report to the CNN situation room. So much for a blogging community folks.

Guys, you've got it all mixed up. If you want a one-sided conversation find a soap box and run for public office. Or better still make an application to CNN.

If you want to write a book then write the stinkin' book. If you want to build an exclusive empire so you can call the shots, give Bill Gates a call. But if you want to blog, join the community.

BUT damn it choose, because they're different. Got it? (Are you listening Glenn)?

Can somebody please explain to me how all this nonsense benefits the blogosphere? Oh yeah right, I forgot - it doesn't.

It sounds more like Al Gore's reinvention of the internet than anything else. So let's be clear boys and girls - it is the technology and all of our collective efforts that has re-defined journalism. Not just a few arrogant twits.

Not since the invention of the printing press has so much been given to the common folk. It is its inclusive, collaborative nature and community spirit that gives blogging its influential power.

HELLO! Are you listening? The blogosphere is not the exclusive playground of an old-boys network trying to elevate itself above the rest of us mere mortals.

That is bass-ackwards thinking, destructive and the last thing we need. Another media empire of self-important opportunists believing in their own press, shovelling verbal poop down our collective throats.

Think about it. Did we take down Dan Rather just to create a job opening for Reynolds? I don't think so. Personally I'd rather have Dan back (no pun intended). And for that matter I hear he's looking for work. Any takers?

It's the same old story. If it becomes popular the politicians have to control it, and the capitalists want to exploit it.

Not that I object to making money from blogging. God knows I could use the extra coin. But it is their elitist business model and its ominous implications that I find offensive.

It's called good old fashioned exploitation. The great American way. Look out Weblogs here we come.

Mark my words. The blogosphere is on the fast track to being hijacked by the control freaks and big business interests.

More restrictive laws and government intervention. Acquisitions and mergers, IPO offerings, get-rich-quick dot-com scam artists, media moguls, ABC, MSNBC, FOX, Pajamas party, whatever.

Sounding all too familiar? PJs is a cash grab. Plain and simple. And for whose benefit? The way it reads right now PJs will benefit only a few elitists, that's who.

Perhaps it got lost in the translation, but until they can find a more inclusive model the blogosphere needs this shite like a hole in the head.

```
UPDATE: An Open Letter to Roger Simon

Source: daily FISK!

Click here to listen to this Podcast Podcast by @ 3:31 PM: your

Español | Deutsche | Français | Italiano | Português | Chinese | Korean | Japanese

Technorati Watchlist - Favorites - Explore - Other blog comments
Bookmarks add to del.icio.us add to Furl digg it add to Reddit add to YahooMyWeb add to Fark add to blinklist SlashDot this Add to Simpy Seed this at Newsvine Add to Spurl


11 Comments: 'It's your turn to toss the ball'...

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy are you ever right. The bloody nerve. After getting the attention of CNN they started believing their own press. Give me a break.

 Edit Comment
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Dirty Dan (or should I say Macgyver). See you at a re-run nearest you. :)

 Edit Comment
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha!

 Edit Comment
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man you really needs' to work on your' possessives'.

 Edit Comment
At 12:26 AM, Blogger AnechoicRoom said...

Man you're good. I could make note of a few points I disagree with, well ..... more than a few actually :-)

But there is no point in that. None. As the reason for my comment is to compliment, and say I enjoyed the read. The read of someone I disagree with.

That's the power of the blogosphere. No selling ideas, no promoting them. Sharing them. Why sometimes it is even fun. Imagine that.

 Edit Comment
At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks FookBlogger. I appreciate the compliment and I'm glad that you enjoyed the read (despite the fact that you may disagree ;-).

Incidentally, you made my point. The blogosphere is supposed to be inclusive... "That's the power of the blogosphere. No selling ideas, no promoting them. Sharing them."

Not the playground of a few entrepreneurial omnipotent poobahs.

Cheers!

 Edit Comment
At 9:48 AM, Blogger AnechoicRoom said...

Actually, I don't know that I was disagreeing with the spirit or theme of your post. Which, after a little sleep, has even more glimmer. So, I guess I wasn't being clear. Really I only have tiny petty disagreements.

About ..... Albert Gore Jr.. Though I voted for him in '00, these days, everything about him makes me laugh (and no, I didn't come round to knock the paint job on your ride). Especially anything with the words internet, and Gore in the same sentence. I'm sorry, in fact I'm laughing now :-)

About ..... 'Shoveling doodie'? Could be construed as an editorial comment on right blogs. Rather than a general one about the behind the scenes machinizations at PajMed.

About .....Dan Rather? Call me an ageist ..... but I'd rather he stay out in the pasture.

Lastly, not defending CJ, no .... just without actually being in his mind, it is possible that there were other motives. Other than only remuneration, fame, glory, bright lights, bodacious tata's (and sniffing booger sugar off same).

Anyway, getting back to the egg .... in America, in a time of war. In a time of disagreement about that war. I see no reason why people who differ, can't share a hearty laugh.

Goodonya.

 Edit Comment
At 9:50 AM, Blogger AnechoicRoom said...

Actually, I don't know that I was disagreeing with the spirit or theme of your post. Which, after a little sleep, has even more glimmer.

So, I guess I wasn't being clear. Really I only disagree a touch about Albert Gore Jr.. Though I voted for him in '00, these days everything about him makes me laugh (and no, I didn't come round to knock the paint job on your ride).

'Shoveling doodie'? Well mighten that be editorial? Without having done much exploration here at PF, superficially it seemed to me we don't sit on the same side of the fence (I could be wrong, obviously will visit some more). So, I'm suggesting it might be a comment about the direction of content, rather than it's quality.

Dan Rather? Call me an ageist ..... but I'd rather he stay out in the pasture.

Lastly, not defending CJ, no .... just without actually being in his mind, it is possible that there were other motives. Other than only remuneration, fame, glory, bright lights, bodacious tata's (and sniffing white boogers off same).

Anyway, getting back to the egg .... in America, in a time of war. In a time of disagreement about that war. I see no reason people who differ can't share a hearty laugh.

Goodonya.

 Edit Comment
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I see no reason people who differ can't share a hearty laugh."

Couldn't have said it better myself. Cheers and thanks to all for your comments.

 Edit Comment
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Kahnunas?"

I think you mean "cojones."

 Edit Comment
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the truth be known it's spelled "bollocks".

 Edit Comment

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed this post why not leave a comment, bookmark it or subscribe to our free newsletter?

Read more @ Political FootBall...

Canadian News and Politics...

Home
Finished with the Upgrade (I think):

Blog Standards Revisited (again):

FeedBlitz eMail Subscription Service:

Happy Thanksgiving Canada

WANTED: A Few Good Bloggers

Sorry for the delay

Miers' Faith In Christ Made Her a Republican

Media blamed for New Orleans debacle

Tom Delay Indictment a Foregone Conclusion?

Political FootBall Headlines

<< Thanks for dropping by! >>

To Top of Page